March 1, 2012
HOUSTON (March 1, 2012)—Leading specialty benefits management provider HealthHelp announced today the recent hiring of Donna Baker-Miller as Vice-President of Business Development. Baker-Miller brings to the role a 25-year career in the health care industry, during which she has served as a pioneer in the field of managed care. She will lead HealthHelp’s expansion into larger markets—health plans with more than 1 million members—and government agencies.
Highlights of Baker-Miller’s impressive career include:
• Vice-President of Sales, Western Region, for APS Healthcare. She handled business development with state, federal, and commercial health care organizations, developing and marketing new initiatives, negotiating contracts, and overseeing implementation of programs.
• Founder of Strategic Health Partners. Her consulting firm advised health care leaders on strategic planning and assisted with the development and identification of innovative programs that optimize reimbursement and commercialize new technologies. Baker-Miller also helped clients produce and submit proposals to government agencies. Her successes include a $2.5 billion contract with the Department of Defense (TRICARE) procurement processes for HealthNet Federal Services, Northeast Region; three $150 million contracts for Medicare fee-for-service with Palmetto GBA Medicare, a subsidiary of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina; and multiple $30 million contracts for East and West Medicaid with Volunteer State Health Plan (VSHP), a subsidiary of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.
• Vice-President of Product Development & Marketing in a consulting role for Kronos. Her work resulted in the development and implementation of three new products: employer-based preventative/wellness program Kronos at Work, a multi-nutritional supplement, and an Omega 3 fish oil capsule and liquid. Baker-Miller also served as Vice-President of Provider Strategies & Development for the company.
• Vice-President of Managed Care at Aequitas Consulting Group. Baker-Miller advised senior-level staff of medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other health care organizations.
• Director of Military Provider Contracting/Relations. She directed all activities of the provider contracting for thirteen states for the TRICARE MCS Region 1 Request for Proposal MDA906-R-006, a $2.5 billion contract for 650,000 TRICARE members. Baker-Miller also oversaw the development and writing of the technical proposal for Task One, which resulted in the development of a new subsidiary, Sierra Military Health Services. Sierra Military was awarded the contract for Region 1.
• Multiple positions at BlueCross BlueShield. During her decade-long career with BCBS, Baker-Miller assisted in the development of new corporation TriWest Health Care Alliance in response to the request for proposal Tricare MCS Region 7 and 8 MDA906-95-R-0001, a $2.5 billion contract for 750,000 TRICARE members. TriWest was awarded the contract for Region 7 and 8. Baker-Miller also previously worked at HealthHelp as the Vice-President of Corporate Development. Her modification of the company’s offering from a total capitated model to one more attractive to health plans generated $11 million in revenue and helped raise an additional $15 million in venture capital. She also developed and implemented physician/provider education regarding radiology management.
In her new role with HealthHelp, Baker-Miller will lead the business development team as it creates and prices new products. She also will serve as a member of the executive team responsible for raising venture capital.
“Donna is a goal-oriented leader with an innate ability to build and maintain strong client relationships,” said Cherrill Farnsworth, President and CEO of HealthHelp. “She has proven her ability to drive revenue and market growth through innovative strategies. Her health care proposals have resulted in $3 billion in business during the span of her career, and we are thrilled to have her rejoin the HealthHelp team.”
– #### –
HealthHelp, a leader in specialty benefits management, generates significant savings and return on investment for health care payers by enhancing physician knowledge, improving quality of care, and reducing unnecessary radiation exposure. Each of its programs addresses a different aspect of radiology, cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, musculoskeletal, and sleep care. The clients of Houston-based HealthHelp administer local, statewide, and national health care plans across the country. For more information about HealthHelp’s programs, visit http://www.healthhelp.clients.10ben.io/specialties/.